Garage door sizes vary, so it’s important to find the right size for your garage. If you have a standard-sized garage, then you can use this guide to determine the perfect size for your door. We will also discuss different types of garage doors and their dimensions. So whether you’re looking to buy a new garage, replace an existing garage door, or are just curious about the different sizes available, read on for more information!
The size of the garage door you’ll need is determined by the size and layout of your garage. Garage design blueprints vary from tiny spaces built for a single car to larger, standard 2-car garage door dimensions to multi-vehicle choices.
The size of a typical garage door is determined by the type of garage you have. One-car, two-car, and three-car are the most frequent garage door sizes.
A single-car garage is the most typical size, with a width of 8 feet (2.4 meters). For a little extra clearance, some are 9 feet wide (2.7 meters) instead. If you’re parking a golf cart in your single-car garage, it may be several inches shorter than usual.
The width of a two-car garage is around twice that of a single car garage, usually 15 or 16 feet wide. This area is enough for one vehicle to enter or exit while the other one is parked, assuming there’s adequate clearance. It’s not a good idea to try entering or exiting the garage with both cars at once since space will be tight.
A three-car garage has a garage-sized of 32 feet or about 9.8 meters wide. While a two-car garage is twice as wide as a single car garage, a three-car garage is only one-third wider than a two-car garage. Owners also should consider the amount of clearance between their vehicle in the middle and surrounding vehicles. A garage door that is roughly 32 feet wide may be purchased to fit a three-car garage, but homeowners frequently prefer to install two standard 15-foot or 16-foot garage doors.
The height of any normal garage door is 7 feet (2.1 meters), regardless of the width or other measurements. Garage doors with dimensions up to 10 feet tall are usually custom-made garages. These greater heights can accommodate big vehicles such as trucks, recreational vehicles, and vehicles with tall roof racks. They may also be adjusted to fit garages with odd dimensions that don’t match regular garage door sizes.
1. Determine the width and height of the garage doorway, also known as the garage door opening or “rough opening,” to the nearest inch. This will be roughly equivalent to your door size.
2. Measure the space on each side of the door, also known as the “sideroom.” The majority of vertical track systems need 3.75 inches on each side. Some systems require up to 5.5 inches of room.
3. Measure the distance between the top of the opening and the ceiling, known as “headroom.” The majority of systems need at least 12 inches of headroom, while most openers need an additional 3 inches.
4. Calculate the distance between the garage door opening and the back wall of the garage, known as the “backroom.” The backroom should be at least equal to the door height plus 18 inches, possibly more depending on opener installation.
Additional items to observe in measuring garage door:
• Take a look at any lights or steps in the way.
• Verify the electrical outlet for garage door opener use.
• Note any swinging doors that might get in the way during entry into the garage.
• Verify that the wooden jambs are in good shape and that the header is secure.
• Take note of any pipes, ductwork, or other obstructions above the door that may prevent it from functioning.
• Determine the status of the floor.
Once you’ve obtained all of your measurements, it’s time to choose your new door! If you live in the Renton area and want a high-quality garage door installed quickly and accurately, contact Perfection Garage Door.
We know how important it is for your garage door to not only look good but function perfectly. We can also install custom garage doors to meet any size or style requirements you may have. So, if you’re looking for a new garage door or just need your existing one repaired, we can help. Give us a call today and let us show you what we can do!
We are used to using the locks on our front and back doors every day without giving it much thought. The purpose of these locks
When searching for a residential plumber, it’s important to find a licensed and insured professional with good reviews and references. Plumbers are typically paid by the hour or per job, and it’s best to get a written estimate that describes each part of the job to ensure transparency in pricing. Availability is also key, so look for someone who can come out quickly in case of emergency.
Las Vegas, NV, September 29, 2022 – When you need a locksmith, USA Lock & Key is the company to call. We offer a range